About The Project

About The Project

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Oh, this is getting exciting!

I’ve just finished talking with both Jack and Susan.  It has been good to be in contact again.  How strange it is to admit that I'm running out of pieces to work with!  I have requested use some “new” pieces from the museum to help me fill in the gaps with more of the same high-quality patterns that I've grown accustomed to for this project.  Of course there remain some left over parts that I could use, but all the really interesting glass is already in place in the panels.  

With that in mind, here are my thoughts on what I’d like to add. (taken from the email that I used to make the request!)

I need mostly flat pieces like plates and saucers.  These can/should be broken/chipped stuff because the pieces I need will be around 3 to 4 inches by maybe up to 6 or 7 inches after I’ve cut them to size.  They are for the fill in spaces.  Anything with etched patterns and mold patterns along the lines of Whirlpool, Old Sandwich, Prince of Wales, Rococo, etc. would be great.  Any etched patterns, particularly if they are also in the center, like Moongleam, floral motifs or any needle etchings will be useful.  All together I could use maybe 12 to 16 pieces – color would be an extra bonus.

The stack of glass to be returned is building up, too.  All the scrap parts from the cutting are being saved in containers that I will mail back to the museum for further use.  It’s even sorted by color.  (When it comes to great ideas, the Heisey Museum runs on them!  My leftover bits and pieces are going to be melted into beads and marbles.  Nothing is going to go to waste!)

The first two panels are complete and ready to go to their home, but since the installation and various ceremonies are undecided, they will stay here in Colorado a bit longer.  The two lower panels are now well underway.